Nupur & Arathi
· Research topics and methods should be more focused. E.g.: You can look into traditional Indian food habits like eating seasonal foods, and how those beliefs can be made relevant in today’s day and age.
· Have visual cues to better explain your ideas and process. E.g.: sketches of possible product ideas, photographs of research, etc.
· Try and be more specific with what you want to design for your final product/outcome.
Ideas / Suggestions:
· When thinking of possibilities for final products keep in mind that the message of food choices and sustainability should be made very velar and direct. Awareness about right food choices should be the immediate communication of your products.
· Keep in mind that food just by itself is a sustainable product as it is completely consumable.
Reworked Project AIM/OBJECTIVE/GOAL:
Inspire children to become Eco Gastronauts by means of a narrative and design products that supplement the narrative. The objective of the products will be to allow the user to experience the interactions in the narrative in life.
Who is an Eco Gastronaut?
The term Gastronaut has been coined by the Latin word gastro- meaning stomach and the Greek word naut which means sailor. It refers to a person who explores and enjoys the world of food the way an Astronaut explores space. Coincidently, the first Gastronaut was astronaut in 1985 treated his fellow crew members aboard U.S. space shuttle Discovery to some delicious French food since he wasn’t happy with the regular food served to them in space!
An Eco Gastronaut is a person who not only explores food, is an adventurous eater, and fantastic Chef, but makes sure that their food choices don’t harm the planet.
Eco Gastronauts believe that the food we eat should be produced in ways that don’t harm the planet, and that farmers who grow our food are appreciated and supported by us. They believe that people should be adventurous tasters and learn to cook, so that they can feed themselves and their family and friends delicious fresh food.
· Be more sensitive about the rhetoric of your definition. Try and exclude words like choice, should, appreciate, etc as it makes preachy and moralistic. Focus and emphasize words like adventure, delicious, wholesome. This shouldn’t become about enforcing guilt.
· You can also think about including the idea of food that’s not just about aesthetic and delicious taste. This is about the overall impact of food.
· Also while thinking of products to go with the narrative keep in mind that the form and design doesn’t lose the context of the project. They shouldn’t become superficial.
· Make a list of all the ideas about the process of food that you want to introduce to help bring in focus and clarity.
· Look up books by Time life called Adventures of the Micronaut and Roberta’s clock.